For the most up to date information please check the latest newsletter which can be found on the Home Page.
OPENING THE CHURCH FOR MASS
- Weekday Masses (Monday - Friday 9.30 am) start again Monday 6 July.
- Weekend Masses start Saturday 11 July (5.30 pm) and Sunday 12 July (8.30, 9.30 and 10.30 am).
- The church can accommodate 80 people at a time at a 1.5 metre distance.
- One way system - entrance through front door and exit through the two emergency doors.
- On arrival, sanitise your hands as you enter the Church, wait to be let in and seated by a steward.
- You will be asked to provide your name and telephone number to aid with NHS Test and Trace.
- Facemasks or some other covering should be worn during Mass [except to receive Holy Communion].
- All hymn books, Mass sheets, and all other shared materials have been removed from the church. The Repository is not available and will be closed – even for cards – for the present. The “Water Dispenser” has been removed so please bring your own bottled water.
- At Mass there will be no singing and the Mass will be shorter than usual with a shorter Sermon than usual and no Bidding Prayers.
- There is no Offertory Procession or Collection. There will be no procession to the altar, but the priest will come straight on to the altar and start Mass. There will be no altar servers.
- There will be one reader at Mass. Gloves need not be worn at Mass, especially during communion.
- Only the priest [or deacon] will distribute communion at Mass so that the procession for communion stays in single file. People should maintain social distancing and follow the one-way system to and from their seats. The people should receive communion in the hand.
- Please do not use kneelers.
- The church will be thoroughly cleaned between Masses
- As the numbers in church will be limited, we have taken steps to install a Wi-Fi system and start streaming the Mass – as soon as possible.
PRIVATE PRAYER UPDATE - Week Commencing 21 June 2020
The church will be left open for Private Prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.00 to 8.00pm. Entrance will be from the new emergency door in the new car park and exit from the side door on High View Road. There will be two stewards present, one at the entrance and one at the exit. Doors will be left open, so you do not have to touch any door handles. As you come in you are asked to use the gel available to clean your hands and do the same as you leave. At all times please keep a distance of two metres and only 20 seats will be available. Please wait for the steward to direct you to your seat. You are asked to not stay more than 20 minutes. If this is successful, we will try to open the church for personal prayer for longer sessions and on other days.
This page was updated on 3 July 2020