For the most up to date information please check the latest newsletter which can be found on the Home Page.
THE CHURCH IS OPEN FOR MASS ONLY
- Weekday Masses - Tuesday to Friday 9.30 am
- Weekend Masses - Saturday 5.30 pm and Sunday 8.30, 9.30 and 10.30 am
- The church can accommodate 80 people at a time at a 1.5 metre distance; no booking necessary.
- One way system - entrance through front door and exit through the two emergency doors.
- On arrival, sanitise your hands as you enter the Church, wait to be let in and seated by a steward.
- You will be asked to provide your name and telephone number. This list will be kept for 21 days to aid with NHS Test and Trace.
- Please bring a face covering which must be worn during Mass.
- All hymn books, Mass sheets, and all other shared materials have been removed from the church. The Repository is not available and will be closed – even for cards – for the present. The “Water Dispenser” has been removed so please bring your own bottled water.
- At Mass there will be no singing and the Mass will be shorter than usual with a shorter Sermon than usual and no Bidding Prayers.
- There is no Offertory Procession or Collection. There will be no procession to the altar, but the priest will come straight on to the altar and start Mass. There will be no altar servers.
- There will be one reader at Mass. Gloves need not be worn at Mass, especially during communion.
- Only the priest or deacon will distribute communion at Mass so that the procession for communion stays in single file. People should maintain social distancing and follow the one-way system to and from their seats. The people should receive communion in the hand.
- Please do not use kneelers.
- The church will be thoroughly cleaned between Masses.
- From Sunday 9 August, the 10.30 am Mass will be live-streamed via the Parish Facebook page or this website.
On Friday 31 July the Government announced that rules on face coverings are being extended to include places of worship. This is enforceable by law with effect from 8 August.
According to Government Guidelines there are two exemptions:
- Children under 11. (However, we encourage them to wear one. Children under 3 should not wear face masks).
- Those with disabilities or certain health conditions such as respiratory or cognitive impairments. Please note a disability is not always visible.
The church is not currently open for Private Prayer.
This page was updated on 31 July 2020